The future of banking redefined.
Welcome to Salaam African Bank
Salaam African Bank is one of the leading providers of financial products and services in the East African region that are fully adherent to best business ethics.
It was incorporated in 2007 and commenced business operation in December 2008.The Bank is regulated by the Central Bank of Djibouti.
Salaam African Bank strives to be the pioneer of business ethics compliant services through the use of state-of-the-art technology and up-to-date financial services.
Since its inception in 2008, the bank has made tremendous growth with extensive nationwide branch networks, ATMs; offering interest free products and services including Current accounts, savings, Investment Deposit Accounts, Assets Financing, Joint Venture, Capital Investment, documentary credits and letters of guarantees. It also offers, visa cards, master cards, POS, phone banking, utility payments and SMS notifications and electronic banking. We have partnered with other related financial services providers like Master Card, VISA, and relevant associated merchants.
For over a decade, the Diasporas and the local entrepreneurs in Djibouti have been actively looking to establish reliable connections with financial institutions throughout the region.
To provide interest free banking services that are innovative, are of high quality and are driven towards providing financial solutions to our customers.
To become the leading Banking Institution in East and Horn of Africa.
Anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorism financing (CTF) POLICY
Money laundering and terrorist financing have been recognized as a major threat to the international financial services community, therefore, Salaam African Bank is at the forefront of the government and the Central Bank of Djibouti’s initiatives and efforts in the prevention of the use of the banking system for illicit, laundering and terrorism financing activities.
Salaam African bank expresses its full dedication and support to high standards of compliance with anti-money laundering /counter terrorism financing requirements by implementing robust and comprehensive policy, procedures and systems for the prevention and detection of terrorist financing and money laundering activities.
The bank’s AML/CTF program is subject to periodic reviews to ensure that it remains robust and complies with LAW NO. 112 / AN / 11 / 6TH L SUPPLEMENTING LAW NO. 196 / AN/ 02/ 4TH L ON LAUNDERTNG, CONFISCATTON AND INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION IN THE PROCEEDS OF CRIME UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE CENTRAL BANK OF DJTBOUTI, the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) Recommendations as well as international best practices.
Key measures undertaken in Salaam African Bank include;
- Customer Identification and verification procedures;
- Customer Due Diligence(CDD) and enhance Due Diligence(EDD) for customers flagged as High, Medium and Low risk;
- Ongoing monitoring of account activity through management systems that enables detection and reporting of suspicious transactions to the financial intelligence Unit, Central Bank of Djibouti on timely basis;
- Carrying out the necessary procedures to determine and verify the identity of the ultimate beneficial owners;
- Regular AML/CTF communication and training programs through various channels to raise staff awareness at all levels within Salaam African Bank
- Maintenance of transaction records for a minimum of 5 years
- Annual AML/CTF Compliance review